I have been fortunate enough to travel to many wonderful places around the world. The islands of Hawaii, Washington D.C., South Korea, Monaco, Cannes, St. Tropez, and Tuscany are definitely amongst my favorites. If I had to pick my most favorite destination I would have to say Hope Town in the Abacos (Bahamas).
On Hope Town you get the glorious white sand beaches and turquoise waters, without the hustle & bustle of tourism. There are just a few hotels and restaurants on this gem of an island. Majority of the island is occupied by vacation homes. In Hope Town you can really "get-away". In this fast-paced world that consumes us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week sometimes it is nice just to head to a place where there is open space and you are not fighting for a lounge chair by the pool. And there is the stars at night...looking up and seeing every inch of the sky filled with twinkling, glimmers of light puts life as we know it into perspective.
If you ever make it down to the Abacos, I highly recommend staying at Hope Town Harbour Lodge. By no means is it a flashy resort, but the rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff is
top-notch, and the beach in front of the hotel is perfect (pictured above).
No comments:
Post a Comment